Dustmite & Flea Control Description
DustMite and Flea Control by The Ecology Works is the clean and natural way to kill dust mites and fleas in carpet and upholstery and keep them away. Mix DustMite and Flea Control with water and use as a spray or in a carpet steamer (or water extraction machine) to create an environment that is absolutely fatal to dust mites & fleas but is perfectly natural and harmless to your family and pets. DustMite and Flea Control is not a harsh chemical or dangerous poison, but a natural Boron Compound much like the Borax used in laundry cleaning. This clear, odorless treatment has a neutral pH that does not stain light-colored fabrics.
DustMite and Flea Control comes in a powdered form that you mix with water. Choose the 8-oz bag to treat up to 200 sq. ft., or the more economical 2-lb bag to treat up to 800 sq. ft. Also available from The Ecology Works is DustMitex, a 32-oz, pre-mixed DustMite and Flea Control in a spray bottle, which is ready to use to treat 50 sq. ft. (DustMitex sold separately).
- DustMite and Flea Control powder dissolves completely in water and leaves hardly a trace of its presence
- Dries into a clear crystal that coats the mite’s food source, thereby greatly reducing the dust mite population within 2 weeks
- A recent medical study indicates that after 8 weeks, nearly every mite inhabiting carpet or furniture will be dead…and won’t come back between treatments
- As with all mite-control products, begin your treatment in the bedroom first
- Once dissolved in water, can be applied using a spray bottle for small areas, or a pump sprayer or carpet steamer for large carpeted areas
- 8-oz bag dissolves to cover 200 sq ft
- 2-lb bag dissolves to cover 800 sq ft
- Frequency of treatment:
- After applying for the first time, reapply in 4 months
- Thereafter, apply twice a year
- Clear and odorless, this product will not stain lightly colored fabrics
- Low toxicity means safe to use